Written at 19:47, on Monday 3 July 2006. Tags: personal .
I’ve been meaning to launch this redesign (dubbed “Classic”) for the CSS reboot, but work and personal life interfered in a rather unpleasant and cruel way. Brown seemed like a good colour. Besides the obvious changes, some notable changes include the use of the Yahoo! UI library, which facilitates the 2- and 3-column layouts, the use of just 1 colour (aka a monochromatic pallette) and the use of graphics in various sections. Things that haven’t changed include the lack of more articles, the lack of frequent updates and the lack of a decent portfolio – sigh… On the bright side, my vacation has started and I’m looking forward to reading a nice stack of books.
In no particular order, my reading list includes:
- The Illuminatus! Trilogy : The Eye in the Pyramid, The Golden Apple, Leviathan, by Robert Shea, Robert Anton Wilson
- Foucault’s Pendulum, by Umberto Eco
- A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Freakonomics : A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything, by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference, by Malcolm Gladwell
- Blink : The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, by Malcolm Gladwell
- Tracing Genres through Organizations : A Sociocultural Approach to Information Design, by Clay Spinuzzi
- On Deconstruction: Theory and Criticism After Structuralism, by Jonathan Culler
- Understanding Comics, by Scott McCloud
- D.I.Y.: Design It Yourself, by Ellen Lupton
Besides reading, I’m looking forward to some rest & relaxation, clarity, perspective and perhaps the realisation of some long-term ambitions. What are your plans for the summer?
Comments closed | Permalink